As 2015 comes to a close and time is spent with friends, family and loved ones unwrapping presents and celebrating a prosperous new year, please keep in mind all those who are not able to do the same. At many shelters, the age of a dog determines its chances of finding a new forever home. As a result, many wonderful dogs are denied the ability to live out their lives in dignity, surrounded by love.
At The Old Dog House, we take dogs ages seven years and older out of shelters and let them live in comfortable, home-like environments while they search for their forever homes. Here are a dozen reasons to make a donation to The Old Dog House before 2015 ends, and how your contribution would make a difference during this season of giving.
- Make a Last-Minute Tax Deduction: By making a donation before or on December 31, 2015, your gift can be used as a deduction from your taxes.
- Support Local: By donating to The Old Dog House, you support lives in the heart of your community where you can witness the difference you make.
- Grow Your Sense of Community: When you make a donation to a charity or nonprofit such as The Old Dog House, you join a network of people who, like you, are passionate about making a difference.
- Set an Example: As the saying goes, “be the change you wish to see in the world.” By donating, you are able to set an example for your family, friends and coworkers to help.
- Grow Your Business: Should you make a donation or become a sponsor on behalf of your business, your company will receive additional recognition in front of potential customers.
- Not Everyone Can Volunteer: We understand not everyone has the time or ability to volunteer or adopt a senior dog, but that doesn’t mean you love them any less. Your donation makes more of a difference than maybe you realize.
- For Your Health: There are many studies that show helping others and giving back makes you a happier and healthier individual than those who do not show the same generosity.
- In Memoriam: You can make a donation as a gift or in honor of a friend who has owned a senior dog or even in honor of a senior dog you knew and loved personally.
- Provide Shelter: Your donation helps put senior dogs under a roof that will protect them until they have a family who will do the same.
- Provide Food: Your donation helps feed senior dogs so they have the energy and strength until they have a family who will do the same.
- Provide Medical Care: Health issues can happen anywhere, any time, to anyone. By donating, your gift helps keep senior dogs healthy so they can find their forever home.
- Save a life: By making an end-of-year donation, you give the gift of life that our senior dogs may not have received elsewhere.
The Old Dog House relies solely on the generosity of the individuals in our community for assistance in furthering our mission to give older and senior dogs a second, sometimes third, chance at living out their lives in dignity.